Some overhyping...
...from Friends of Democracy via The Foundation for the Defense of Democracies:
"What we are witnessing is something we have never seen before. We never believed that this day will come. It is a true feast for us. Iraqis went out from the early morning hours, wearing the best clothes and perfumes, smiling and full of hope, looking forward to a new beginning. In spite of the sound of explosions, and what the satellite stations reported about explosions near voting centers, their enthusiasm was not affected but increasing hour after hour. Everybody wants to vote. It is a splendid scenery when you see young boys and girls, men and women, elderly, hand in hand, heading to the polls. ... I can truly say I have never seen so much joy on the faces of Iraqis as I am seeing today. Why do they want to abort this joy before it is born?"Let's heed Kerry's warning and not get too carried away.

<< Home